I normally run a few Fabric mods to make Minecraft a little better. I thought I’d list them so I can refer to this if anyone ever asks. Note that some of the mods listed here may require other mods not mentioned; check their pages for info.
- The JellySquid/Caffeine Pack in full effect: Sodium / Lithium / Phosphor / Hydrogen
- Speed up leaf blocks.
- Don’t draw unseen entities.
- Don’t run world updates until needed.
- Start up smoooothly.
Fixes For Annoyances
- Run Minecraft in a borderless window, so it doesn’t disappear when you use another window.
- Stop asking about experimental features when I load a world.
- No more “invalid session”.
- No gaps in item models.
- Adjust cloud height.
- Customise fog settings.
- Sheared sheeps keep their colour.
- Night-time fireflies and lights.
- Leaves drop particles.
- Nicer dropped items.
- Remove the horizon banding.
- Nicer bed model.
- Dynamic lighting.
- Coloured F3.
- Save chunks locally for longer view distance.
- Only show one row of hearts.
- Keep the crosshair in F3.
- Show a screenshot of the last time you were on a world
- Let mobs have multiple textures
- Don’t be on fire if you don’t need to
- Show the contents of shulker boxes without opening them.
- Give enchanted books a colour band to identify them.
- Automatically switch to third person when wanted.
- Bigger advancement window.
- Better hearts.
- Show light levels.
- Install Vanilla Tweaks packs from inside Minecraft.
- Improve the chat/book/sign interface
- Don’t crash when using more recent versions of Java.
- Note that, you can’t render Replay Mod videos when running Sodium, so while I run Replay Mod normally, I have a second profile that replaces Sodium with the Canvas Renderer. Hopefully, the work being done on Iris will mean this will not be needed in future.
Cheaty Things (Not Used in Survival though)
- Show bounding boxes for various things
- Gnembom’s Carpet mod.