I normally run a few Fabric mods to make Minecraft a little better. I thought I’d list them so I can refer to this if anyone ever asks. Note that some of the mods listed here may require other mods not mentioned; check their pages for info.
- The JellySquid/Caffeine Pack in full effect: Sodium / Lithium / Phosphor / Hydrogen
- Speed up leaf blocks.
- Don’t draw unseen entities.
- Don’t run world updates until needed.
- Start up smoooothly.
Fixes For Annoyances
- Run Minecraft in a borderless window, so it doesn’t disappear when you use another window.
- Stop asking about experimental features when I load a world.
- No more “invalid session”.
- No gaps in item models.
- Adjust cloud height.
- Customise fog settings.
- Sheared sheeps keep their colour.
- Night-time fireflies and lights.
- Leaves drop particles.
- Nicer dropped items.
- Remove the horizon banding.
- Nicer bed model.
- Dynamic lighting.
- Coloured F3.
- Save chunks locally for longer view distance.
- Only show one row of hearts.
- Keep the crosshair in F3.
- Show a screenshot of the last time you were on a world
- Let mobs have multiple textures
- Don’t be on fire if you don’t need to
- Show the contents of shulker boxes without opening them.
- Give enchanted books a colour band to identify them.
- Automatically switch to third person when wanted.
- Bigger advancement window.
- Better hearts.
- Show light levels.
- Install Vanilla Tweaks packs from inside Minecraft.
- Improve the chat/book/sign interface
- Don’t crash when using more recent versions of Java.
- Note that, you can’t render Replay Mod videos when running Sodium, so while I run Replay Mod normally, I have a second profile that replaces Sodium with the Canvas Renderer. Hopefully, the work being done on Iris will mean this will not be needed in future.